Friday, May 15, 2009

The Finish Line Is In Sight!

Now that I've completed all the 13 tools for Technology Tapas, I have to say I really enjoyed it. I wouldn't recommend doing it all in one big chunk like I did, though. I really enjoyed creating my blog. I'd forgotten how fun and liberating it is to just write down your thoughts. I like the idea that others can see what I've written - otherwise it would be a private diary and not a blog. I found that I'm not as scared to try new tools now that I've done this. It was very rewarding see the photos from Flickr on my blog and adding the video really made my blog more interesting. The music site Last was one of my favorite sites. I do wish I'd had time to space out the steps more. In trying to get them all done, I had to do the YouTube, Flickr and podcasting in the same day. I spent more time than I really had in looking and listening to things. It was fun though. I'd really like to learn how to do my own podcasts now. I used Zoho Writer to create a report that I presented today in a meeting. I also got rid of some of the professional journals that were piled on my desk because I was able to use the spreadsheet in Zoho Writer to keep track of some of the best new books that have been recently published. I really feel more confident that I can do Web 2.0 technologies now. I will continue posting on my blog.

I learned more about the other NJSL staff members as I did this. Although I didn't have much time to read their blogs, I did check to see who was following me. I intend to start following them too.

I really liked the format and the concept. Bob and Andrea, you did a great job! The only change I might make to this exercise is to give everyone a little more time to complete the 13 items. I know it seemed like we had enough time to do it and maybe a lot of people did, but I found that I didn't because of all my work commitments right now.

If you offered another discovery program like this in the future I would definitely do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment