Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Yelp - love those great Web 2.0 site names

I've just been checking out the Web 2.0 sites that are 2008 award winners and nominees.
Although I knew a lot of them - Facebook, Yahoo! Answers, Monster, CareerBuilder, & have checked out others - Craigslist (love it), YouTube, Flickr and subscribe to Twitter (addicted) and Del.icio.us, there are so many I'd never heard of. I really liked the music site Last and Yelp was great in providing me with the names of some great local Indian restaurants.
The one that I looked at the longest was UPCOMING, an award winning Events site. I checked out all the music and performing arts events that are happening in the town and county where I live. This is a great site for any organization (including libraries) to post their events because it gets lots of hits and it's free. I noticed many libraries did list their events - from music performances to yard sales. I'll be sure to recommend it to my library colleagues.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked the music site Buy Yelp Reviews Last and Yelp was great in providing me with the names of some great local Indian restaurants.

    ReplyDelete