Friday, May 15, 2009

There's a podcast for everything under the sun!

I have to admit that I haven't spent too much time listening to podcasts, except for Bob and Andrea's podcast for Technology Tapas. I know one teen librarian who is an avid podcaster (Ty Rousseau) and I've even been interviewed for a podcast at an ALA conference. I never did listen to it, though. I guess I just didn't want to try and find it online because I know there are zillions of podcasts on any topic you can think of. The technology tapas tutorial was helpful in telling me which directories to use to find postcasts. I used Podcastalley.com and was able to find some of Ty's postcasts. I also wanted to find podcasts about teen books. I found the great Library Loft teen link on the Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County's website (love NC, I got my undergraduate degree from UNC - Chapel Hill). Library Loft has great podcasts with teen authors Cynthia Leitich Smith, Pete Hautman,Brent Hartinger and others. I've read books by all of them so it was fun hearing what they had to say about their books in their own words. I think children and teens would get a kick out of hearing what their favorite authors have to say about their books. It was easier than I thought to find the podcasts. I'm definitely going to start listening to them more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment