Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Vladimir Nabokov on What Makes a Good Reader

If you look at this blog, you'll notice I haven't posted in years. That's because I originally created the blog through work because we were all told to learn how to create a blog. Now that I have a separate one for work, I'm resuming blogging here just for fun and for me (and for anyone who wants to follow me). I was recently sent this post that is Vladimir Nabokov's take on what makes a good reader. It certainly makes a lot of sense, especially the part about not just reading a book but rereading it. I've found that I missed a lot the first go around when I read a book, but get a lot more in the second or third reading. And, there are those books I reread annually like A Christmas Carol, Pride and Prejudice, and Jane Eyre.

No comments:

Post a Comment